Erik Wolf posted an articleTop reasons to attend FoodTreX London | Food Travel Innovation Summit on November 3 see more
Now in its second year - the FoodTreX London | Food Travel Innovation Summit taking place on Sunday, November 3.
This is the day before World Travel Market begins, for those of you attending that event.
We know there are a lot of conferences vying for your attention. We've compiled a list of the top reasons why you should choose FoodTreX London on November 3:
- New information. The content is about innovation in food tourism, and NOT a repeat of what you've seen or heard elsewhere. Also, the content you'll hear at FoodTreX will not be repeated at World Travel Market.
- New ideas. New information helps you to think of new ideas to help you get or stay ahead. You need new ideas to grow your business.
- Quality networking. Meet leading food travel industry influencers. Introduce yourself, present your business, create new partnerships.
- Intimate setting. Our goal is quality not quantity. Ticket sales are limited. And in an intimate group, it's easier to meet the people you want.
- Convenience. Piggybacked with World Travel Market. No need to spend extra money or time on another trip.
- Food Travel Matters. 93% of visitors engage in some kind of unique or memorable food/drink experience other than eating out. Don't be left out of this profitable market segment.
- Food Travel is Changing. You can't just put a list of restaurants on your website or organize a food event. You need to know who to reach out to, and how to do it in order to be as effective as possible and capture more customers or visitors.
- Concurrent Research Summit. This year we're hosting the FoodTrex Food Travel Research Summit at the same time. Attend both summits for the same price!
- Quality Content. FoodTreX stands for "Food Travel Excellence".
- Affordable. While other London conferences cost in the £695-795 per day range, we don't think quality education and networking should have to cost that much. FoodTrex registration will be less than £395 (+VAT).
Come join us for great information, great networking and a lot of fun! Remember, FoodTreX won't be recorded so you'll need to attend in person if you want access to this fantastic content!
Erik Wolf posted an articleGreece Event Recap - Food Tourism: A Piece of Cake prepping for next year's FoodTreX Thessaloniki see more
This year, the World Tourism Day – September 27th - was celebrated in Greece at Ramada Plaza Thraki, with an International Workshop entitled "Food Tourism: A Piece Of Cake?".
The workshop was organized under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Tourism and the World Food Travel Association (WFTA), by Respond On Demand and Τop Τοurism, two tourism development consultancies in Greece and whose owners serve as ambassadors of the WFTA in Greece.
Eight esteemed speakers from various countries, including the food tourism industry and WFTA founder Erik Wolf, talked about food tourism sharing their valuable experience for the benefit of tourism developers in Greece and surrounding areas. A few of the speakers are pictured on this page, and the full list of speakers is available here.
The nearly 100 industry professionals comprising the audience attended the full day event with great interest. When the speeches were over, a storytelling event took place just for the international speakers to introduce them to regional culinary specialties. They tasted local products and discussed their impressions with local tourism and culinary experts. Education and food tasting - perfect partners for a workshop. The day ended with an official gala dinner.
The success of this first food tourism workshop shows that this sector is of great interest in Greece and is going to be developed a lot in the future.
On October 7, 2019, this workshop will repeat under the FoodTreX Thessaloniki | Regional Food Tourism Summit brand, an official event of the World Food Travel Association.