*First FoodTreX London 2019 Speakers Announced see more
The World Food Travel Association is pleased to announce the first group of speakers who will be participating at the FoodTreX London | Food Travel Innovation Summit. The first group of speakers and their topics include:
Innovation in Customer Satisfaction for Food-Loving Travelers
Matthias Tesi Baur, President, World Gourmet Society, London, UK
Innovation in Food/Beverage Destination Strategy
Marc Crothall, Chief Executive Officer, Scottish Tourism Alliance, Stirling, Scotland, UK
Innovation in Conscious Consumers: When Food Lovers Travel
Chantal Cooke, Passion for the Planet, UK
Innovation in Online Food Tourism Strategy
Veruska Anconitano, Award-winning journalist, Dublin, Ireland
Innovation in Food/Beverage Tourism Industry Collaboration
Justin Hawke, Moor Beer, Bristol, England, UK
Innovation in Local Empowerment Through Food Tourism
Aashi Vel, Co-Owner, Traveling Spoon, San Francisco, California, USA
Innovation in Food/Beverage Tourism Community Engagement [Panel]
Roberta Garibaldi, University of Bergamo, Italy
Maria Athanasopoulou, Respond on Demand, Thessaloniki, Greece
Udi Goldschmidt, Culinary Institute of Jerusalem, Israel
State of the Food & Beverage Tourism Industry
Erik Wolf, Executive Director, World Food Travel Association, USA & UK
More speakers will be announced shortly.
The FoodTreX London | Food Travel Innovation Summit is the World Food Travel Association's flagship event. It always takes place in London and on the day before the start of World Travel Market. This year, the Food Travel Innovation Summit will be held on Sunday, November 3 at the Amba Hotel Charing Cross in Central London.
The FoodTreX London | Food Travel Innovation Summit is our industry's premier forum for the exchange of ideas and innovations relating to food and beverage tourism. We explore trends, issues, tools and developments that you won't find online and topics that will make the greatest impact on food and beverage tourism in the coming year. You need to stay competitive in a rapidly evolving world and the ideas and information you get at FoodTreX will give you a competitive advantage. Network with other attendees and professionals from around the world who include tourism boards, governments, business owners and managers of all types, universities and media. Pricing for the first 50 Innovation Summit delegates is only £299 (plus VAT), after which pricing will increase to £349 (plus VAT).
And this year for the first time, the World Food Travel Association is holding its Food Travel Research Summit concurrently with its Innovation Summit. The aim of the Food Travel Research Summit is to give academics and researchers a platform to present their latest ground-breaking research on any issues relating to food and beverage tourism. Student pricing for the first 20 Research Summit delegates is only £149 (plus VAT), after which pricing will increase to £179 (plus VAT).
All registered delegates will be free to go back and forth without restriction to both summits.
Professionals are also invited to attend the Association's Annual Meeting on Saturday, November 2. The meeting is free for Association members of Silver level and above. Others are welcome to attend for a nominal US$25 (approx. £20) to cover the cost of your food and drink. RSVP here for the Annual Meeting.
Both Summits and the annual meeting will be held in the same venue, the Amba Hotel Charing Cross in Central London.
Top reasons to attend FoodTreX London | Food Travel Innovation Summit on November 3 see more
Now in its second year - the FoodTreX London | Food Travel Innovation Summit taking place on Sunday, November 3.
This is the day before World Travel Market begins, for those of you attending that event.
We know there are a lot of conferences vying for your attention. We've compiled a list of the top reasons why you should choose FoodTreX London on November 3:
- New information. The content is about innovation in food tourism, and NOT a repeat of what you've seen or heard elsewhere. Also, the content you'll hear at FoodTreX will not be repeated at World Travel Market.
- New ideas. New information helps you to think of new ideas to help you get or stay ahead. You need new ideas to grow your business.
- Quality networking. Meet leading food travel industry influencers. Introduce yourself, present your business, create new partnerships.
- Intimate setting. Our goal is quality not quantity. Ticket sales are limited. And in an intimate group, it's easier to meet the people you want.
- Convenience. Piggybacked with World Travel Market. No need to spend extra money or time on another trip.
- Food Travel Matters. 93% of visitors engage in some kind of unique or memorable food/drink experience other than eating out. Don't be left out of this profitable market segment.
- Food Travel is Changing. You can't just put a list of restaurants on your website or organize a food event. You need to know who to reach out to, and how to do it in order to be as effective as possible and capture more customers or visitors.
- Concurrent Research Summit. This year we're hosting the FoodTrex Food Travel Research Summit at the same time. Attend both summits for the same price!
- Quality Content. FoodTreX stands for "Food Travel Excellence".
- Affordable. While other London conferences cost in the £695-795 per day range, we don't think quality education and networking should have to cost that much. FoodTrex registration will be less than £395 (+VAT).
Come join us for great information, great networking and a lot of fun! Remember, FoodTreX won't be recorded so you'll need to attend in person if you want access to this fantastic content!
World Food Travel Association launches Nepal's First Food Tourism Conference see more
Today, the World Food Travel Association, along with partners in Nepal, announced the launch of the country's first food tourism conference under the name FoodTreX Kathmandu. The FoodTreX brand was created by the World Food Travel Association (WFTA), as the umbrella brand name for the Association’s food and beverage travel trade events. The conference organizer and certified World Food Travel Association Ambassador, Suraj Pradhan reflects on the state of food tourism in Nepal, “Despite having an extensive food and drink culture, Nepal has not been able to tap the immense potential in gastronomic tourism. With facts and figures to back them up, we strongly believe that food is the way to a tourist’s heart.”
FoodTreX Kathmandu Regional Food Travel Summit will take place on 24, 25, and 26 of May at the Park Village Hotel by KGH Group at Budhanilkantha Kathmandu, 21218 Kathmandu, Nepal. Delegates will enjoy a three-day event full of food-loving activities, face-to-face networking opportunities and inspiration from some of the industry’s leaders. Organizers include Two Tables, the U-Turn Group and Social Tours.
Friday May 24 – delegates participate in a curated food tour with Kathmandu Food Trail
Saturday May 25 – “Meet the Chefs” at the HUB, Thamel, where delegates and local chefs will rub elbows with some of the country’s influential chefs and enjoy a cocktail-style event with an amazing dishes from local producers and made with local ingredients
Sunday May 26 – FoodTreX Kathmandu is an all-day conference full of speakers sharing their success stories, presentations and panel discussions from local and international food tourism industry leaders
The purpose of the FoodTreX Kathmandu is to explore the rapid transformations that have affected the interrelated areas of gastronomy, tourism and society, shaping new forms of destination branding in Nepal. It is an opportunity to network face-to-face with industry trailblazers and counterparts and help further develop food tourism in Nepal.
Erik Wolf, the WFTA’s founder and Executive Director, expressed his delight, “FoodTreX Kathmandu represents our first formal step into Asia. We’re pleased to be working with our local ambassador Suraj Pradhan and his team to deliver an outstanding first food tourism event for Nepal.”
The confirmed list of speakers includes:
Erik Wolf Executive Director, World Food Travel Association
Dr. Saurabh Kumar Dixit Eastern Hill University (India)
Karna Shakya Founder, KGH Group of Hotel and Resorts
Deepak Raj Joshi CEO, Nepal Tourism Board
Raj Gyawali Founder & Director, Social Tours
Prashanta Khanal Food Blogger & Restaurateur
Dr. Aruna Uprety Public Health Specialist
Bijay Amatya CEO, Kora Tours
Samita Kapali Co-Founder, Marketing Director, Green Growth
Sangam Sherpa Founder, Kapan Organic Farm House
Dr. Huma Bokkhim (PhD) Senior Food Research Officer, Department of Food Technology and Quality Control, Nepal
Sunil Shakya Chairman, PATA – Nepal Chapter, KGH Group of Hotel and Resorts
FOODTREX TARGET AUDIENCE
The FoodTreX conference series is designed for food, beverage, travel and hospitality professionals, including:
- Destination marketers and governments
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Marketing managers and strategists
- Branding, PR and advertising professionals
- Product developers
- Trainers and educators
- People considering a career change
- Students forging their career path
- Any other professionals with an interest in food and beverage tourism
ABOUT THE WORLD FOOD TRAVEL ASSOCIATION (WFTA)
The World Food Travel Association (WFTA) was founded in 2003 as a non-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) and today is recognized as the world's leading authority on food and beverage tourism. Each year the Association serves nearly 100,000+ professionals in over 100 countries. The WFTA’s knowledge, tools and training help trade professionals and organizations to leverage their area's food and beverage products and experiences to help create a strong sense of place, which increases visitor arrivals; destination brand equity; and export demand for their area's food and beverage products. Learn more at www.worldfoodtravel.org.
ABOUT THE FOODTREX FAMILY OF EVENTS
FoodTreX stands for "Food Travel Experience" and is a brand that was introduced by the World Food Travel Association in 2018 to increase the level of quality and innovation in trade events in our industry. The FoodTreX Regional Summits bring discussion of food and beverage tourism issues and trends to stakeholders in local areas. So far, FoodTreX events have been held in the UK, Spain, Greece, Australia and online. FoodTreX Kathmandu is the first FoodTreX event in Asia.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - KATHMANDU, Nepal, May 15, 2018
Media Contact: Suraj Pradhan (+977) 9845075950 hello(at)twotables(dot)com(dot)au
World Food Travel Association posted an articleJoin us February 21-22, 2019 for FoodTreX Pamplona, in Navarre, Spain. see more
Join us February 21-22 in Navarre, Spain for FoodTreX Pamplona, the most important gastronomy tourism trade conference that is held in Spain. A fundamental objective of the Second International Conference on Gastronomy Tourism, FoodTrex Pamplona, is to bring you speakers, tools, ideas and best practices to develop products that visitors want, and to learn how to promote products and experiences to visitors in the best possible way. As one of the food tourism industry’s leading events for the trade, you’ll meet leaders, experts, influencers and practitioners from all around the world, who will present ideas to help grow your business and improve the experiences you offer.
Better gastronomy-oriented businesses and experiences can bring more visitors, more income and local taxes, better community development, and more product exports. This is a critical discovery identified by expert panelists in the 2019 State of the Food Travel Industry Report by the World Food Travel Association. Without the proper direction and planning however, a destination's food tourism potential may remain untapped, or fall into an unsustainable pattern that undermines its future. The goal should be to provide meaningful food and drink related experiences that give visitors a true taste of your destination and create raving fans, convinced guests who will continue to promote your product or destination long after they depart. Attend FoodTreX Pamplona to get the proper direction you need to succeed, including answers to questions such as:
- How to identify opportunities and define achievable objectives.
- How to create an effective development strategy.
- How to involve all the actors in the development strategy.
- How to create Gastronomic Tourism experiences.
- How to reach the customer.
- How to adapt to the market.
- What are the latest trends and fashions embraced by food lovers.
Over 25 confirmed speakers for the two-day conference include:
- Erik Wolf, World Food Travel Association, USA.
- Marc Crothall, Food Tourism Board and Scottish Tourism Alliance, Scotland, UK.
- Dra. Luisa Puppo, Ligucibario, Italy.
- Chantal Cooke, Passion for the Planet, UK.
- Clara Bosh, Ruta del Vino Somontano, Spain.
- Sophie Cassis, Green Haven Gardens and Le Bon Goût Frais des Îles de la Madeleine, Québec, Canada.
- Margarita Calleja, Extremadura Turismo, Spain.
- Kathryn Davis, Visit Bristol, UK.
- Antoni Aguiló. Fra Roger Association for Food and Culture, Menorca, Spain.
- Kosuke Nakamori, Manager, Japan National Tourism Organization, Japan.
If you're in the area, or if food tourism in Spain is important to you, you cannot afford to miss this major industry event.