Erik Wolf posted an articleFoodTreX Pamplona (February 21-22) Final Program Announced see more
The final program for FoodTreX Pamplona has just been announced. You can download it here (both Spanish and English-language versions are available).
Join us February 21-22 in Navarre, Spain for FoodTreX Pamplona, the most important gastronomy tourism trade conference that is held in Spain. A fundamental objective of the Second International Conference on Gastronomy Tourism, FoodTrex Pamplona, is to bring you speakers, tools, ideas and best practices to develop products that visitors want, and to learn how to promote products and experiences to visitors in the best possible way. As one of the food tourism industry’s leading events for the trade, you’ll meet leaders, experts, influencers and practitioners from all around the world, who will present ideas to help grow your business and improve the experiences you offer.
Better gastronomy-oriented businesses and experiences can bring more visitors, more income and local taxes, better community development, and more product exports. This is a critical discovery identified by expert panelists in the 2019 State of the Food Travel Industry Report by the World Food Travel Association. Without the proper direction and planning however, a destination's food tourism potential may remain untapped, or fall into an unsustainable pattern that undermines its future. The goal should be to provide meaningful food and drink related experiences that give visitors a true taste of your destination and create raving fans, convinced guests who will continue to promote your product or destination long after they depart. Attend FoodTreX Pamplona to get the proper direction you need to succeed, including answers to questions such as:
- How to identify opportunities and define achievable objectives.
- How to create an effective development strategy.
- How to involve all the actors in the development strategy.
- How to create Gastronomic Tourism experiences.
- How to reach the customer.
- How to adapt to the market.
- What are the latest trends and fashions embraced by food lovers.
Over 25 confirmed speakers for the two-day conference include:
- Erik Wolf, World Food Travel Association, USA.
- Marc Crothall, Food Tourism Board and Scottish Tourism Alliance, Scotland, UK.
- Dra. Luisa Puppo, Ligucibario, Italy.
- Chantal Cooke, Passion for the Planet, UK.
- Clara Bosh, Ruta del Vino Somontano, Spain.
- Sophie Cassis, Green Haven Gardens and Le Bon Goût Frais des Îles de la Madeleine, Québec, Canada.
- Margarita Calleja, Extremadura Turismo, Spain.
- Kathryn Davis, Visit Bristol, UK.
- Antoni Aguiló. Fra Roger Association for Food and Culture, Menorca, Spain.
- Kosuke Nakamori, Manager, Japan National Tourism Organization, Japan.
If you're in the area, or if food tourism in Spain is important to you, you cannot afford to miss this major industry event.
Will we see you February 21-22 in Navarre, Spain?
FoodTreX Pamplona is kindly supported by:
Erik Wolf posted an articleWorld's leading authority on food/beverage tourism presents 100% online food travel trade conference see more
The World Food Travel Association is pleased to announce the speakers and sessions for its second Online Food Travel Summit, taking place April 24-25, 2018.
Sessions and speakers are focused 100% on the food and beverage industry and include:
Promoting Food Tourism in a Time of Economic Austerity: The Case of Greece
Maria Athanasopoulou, Co-Owner, Top Tourism and Xeni Gerna, Vocational Tourism Training Institute, Hellenic Ministry of Tourism, Thessaloniki, Greece
Managing Food Traveler Expectations in "Overtouristed" Destinations
Danny Adler, Owner, Adler & Marlow, Barcelona, Spain
Influencers & Your Digital Strategy: What You Need to Know
Veruska Anconitano, award-winning freelance food/travel writer, Dublin, Ireland
From Dream to Profitable Business: How to Make Your Food Tourism Idea Work
Midgi Moore, Owner, Juneau Food Tours, Juneau, Alaska, USA
It's the People Who Hold It Together: Ireland's Food Champion Program
Sinead Hennessy, Food Tourism Officer, Fáilte Ireland, Limerick, Ireland
Peering Into the Food Tourism Future
Erik Wolf, Executive Director, World Food Travel Association, Portland, Oregon, USA
The Summit covers best practices, how to's, case studies for food and beverage tourism professionals, including:
- Marketing managers and strategists
- Branding, PR and advertising professionals
- Destination marketers and governments
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Product developers
- Trainers and educators
- Bloggers seeking to do more
- People considering a career change
- Students forging their career path
- Anyone with an interest in food and beverage tourism
All sessions will be delivered in English. The Summit is 100% online and saves you the time and cost of traveling to an in-person conference. And the best part? We save you money too! Sessions are only US$12 each for members (US$15 for non-members). Discounted all Access passes are also available.
Visit the Summit website to learn more and to register. Registrations close April 23.