Just Released! Podcast Episode 16: Chantal Cooke - Stop Listening to Other People see more
Just released! Our latest episode #16 of Eat Well Travel Better: The Business of Food Travel Podcast, featuring Chantal Cooke.
In this episode, join us as we speak with Chantal Cooke, publisher of Passion for the Planet, and a noted influencer on the subjects of sustainability, and vegetarian and vegan travel. She hosts the Passion for the Planet website and online radio station. Chantal shares with us her thoughts on how and why food-loving travelers are changing their diets and why she thinks you should stop listening to the advice of others.
In this episode you'll learn:
- How the food tourism industry is behind the times, and why you are missing an important opportunity
- Why more people than ever are looking for meat-free dishes
- How traditions move on (and rightly so)
- How vegetarian food can also please meat-eaters
- Why restaurant and hotel chefs are actually being prevented by their owners from innovating with vegetarian and vegan cuisine
- Why we should stop listening to others and start listening more to ourselves
New! Eat Well Travel Better Podcast Episode 12: Tung Do - Just Do It see more
Just released! Eat Well, Travel Better podcast episode 12.
Tung Do is a Vietnamese-American whose family escaped to the US at the end of the Vietnam war in 1975 and settled in Texas. After spending 10 years as a securities trader, Tung returned to Vietnam in 2009 to do charity work just for one year. He fell in love with the country and decided to stay, eventually starting 4 different businesses there. The most successful business Tung runs in Vietnam is called XO Tours. An award-winning Vietnam tour company which offers unique city and food tours on scooters in both Ho Chi Minh City and Hoi An. Tung shares with us a number of valuable insights, not the least of which is to "Just Do It" - start your business even if you are scared and have no experience.
Tung shares with us a number of valuable insights, not the least of which is to "Just Do It" - start your business even if you are scared or have no experience. You can listen to the podcast here:
Webinar April 25: From Dream to Profitable Business: How to Make Your Food Tourism Idea Work see more
From Dream to Profitable Business:
How to Make Your Food Tourism Idea Work
This webinar is session 7 and part of the Online Food Travel Summit.
LEARN MORE & REGISTER
DATE & TIME
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 11:00-11:50 PDT (19:00-19:50 GMT)
Midgi Moore, Owner, Juneau Food Tours
Juneau, Alaska, USA
Creating a food-/drink-/hospitality-related business isn't all about the food or drink. It's about being able to execute well on a plan. That includes building relationships, using the right tools, and knowing when to say no. Midgi Moore, CCTP, will discuss how she grew her simple blog into a successful food tour operation. In this session, she will discuss the importance of developing and executing an action plan, including tools and tips on negotiations, developing a business plan, growing smartly, and ensuring sustainability. We'll also look at examples of other smaller businesses that have succeeded in a similar capacity. If you are an aspiring entrepreneur looking to grow your passion into a productive business in food and beverage tourism, then this session is for you...
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to take an idea from concept into action
- How to create an action plan (including the components)
- The importance of a business plan, including a lean canvas
- Steps to take to increase your chances of profitability
SESSION BEST FOR
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Product developers
- Trainers and educators
- Bloggers seeking to do more
- People considering a career change
- Students forging their career path
IMPORTANT EVENT FACTS
- This Summit includes 9 total sessions that cover best practices, how to's, and case studies, specifically for food and beverage tourism professionals.
- All sessions are delivered in English.
- You register and attend online like a webinar. No need to travel anywhere. Registrations close April 23. Space is limited for each session.
- All registered delegates get 1-year access to recordings of the sessions you've purchased. Even if your location or schedule mean that the session times are inconvenient for you, you'll still get access to the content (although you'll miss the Q&A by not attending live)
- This Summit is the world's only 100% online food and beverage tourism conference for trade professionals. It's our second major online conference (our first one took place in 2015).
- Pricing is very affordable, only US$12 per session for members (US$15 for non-members). Choose to pay per session or buy an All Access Pass for greatest savings. Non-members can bundle a new membership and All Access Pass for incredible savings!
- Sponsorships are available for only US$500 per session (limit one sponsor/session) and include session access for your co-workers, inclusion of your company name, logo and URL during the session, on the event page of the website and in our social media promotions. Let us know ASAP at email@example.com to start getting maximum exposure.
- Destination marketing organizations that are able to help with marketing can earn sponsorship status (no cash). Get in touch to learn more.
Also be sure to save the date for our Food Tourism Innovation Summit in London on Sunday, November 4, the day before World Travel Market begins.