Good to Know
- We do not offer financial or legal advice. Please consult with the appropriate professionals in your area to find out how your donation might be tax deductible.
- If your donation cannot be considered a "donation" by your area tax authorities (usually if you are in a different tax area), then label it instead as a "business expense". You can publicize your donation, which therefore qualifies it as a marketing expense.
Where the Money Goes
- Currently all donations go into a scholarship fund, which allows students and people in need to apply to attend our educational events or classes at no cost to them.
- In our tax year (July 1, 2018-June 30 2019), we have committed a total of US$5,000 for student scholarships for our educational programs.
Show Me Proof
You may request a copy of any of the following items:
- We can provide you with a copy of our official determination letter from the US Internal Revenue Service issued November 11, 2005, showing our 501-c-3 legal status as a registered charitable organization.
- We can show you where to find that we are legally registered as a charitable organization with the US State of Oregon.
- We will be able to provide you evidence of scholarship recipients soon. Our first group of student scholarship recipients will be joining us at our FoodTreX London | Food Travel Innovation Summit on November 4. We'll post a picture of them here after the event.
Submit your request by email here. Be sure to include your name, email address and a link to your profile on LinkedIn, Medium.com or Facebook, so we know who you are.