Good to Know
- We do not offer financial or legal advice. Please consult with the appropriate professionals in your area to find out how your donation might be tax deductible.
- If your donation cannot be considered a "donation" by your area tax authorities (usually if you are in a different tax area), then label it instead as a "business" or "marketing" expense. You can publicize your donation, which therefore qualifies it as a marketing expense.
A Scholarship Recipient's Own Words
"This was a fantastic opportunity to hear from leaders in the Food Travel Industry. Thanks to the scholarship I was able to attend, meet and network with Ambassadors, Entrepreneurs and Consultants to share ideas and experiences".
- Daniela Nardi, 2018 FoodTreX London Scholarship Recipient
- Student of Hospitality Management (BA) and Personal Chef
- University of Greenwich - London
Where the Money Goes
- Currently all donations go into a scholarship fund, which allows students and people in need to apply to attend our educational events or classes at no cost to them.
- In our current tax year, we have committed a total of US$5,000 for student scholarships for our educational programs.
Show Me Proof
You may request a copy of any of the following items:
- We can provide you with a copy of our official determination letter from the US Internal Revenue Service issued November 11, 2005, showing our 501-c-3 legal status as a registered charitable organization.
- We can show you where to find that we are legally registered as a charitable organization with the US State of Oregon.
- We welcomed 47 scholarship winners in 2018.
Submit your request for proof by email here. Be sure to include your name, email address and a link to your profile on LinkedIn, Medium.com or Facebook, so we know who you are.