Are you passionate about your area's food and drink? Do you believe in the power of food as a tool for economic development and a way for people to understand each other better? Read on if you think you might be interested in representing your area as a World Food Travel Association ambassador.
The requirements to become an area ambassador are easy:
- Join the Association as an individual member (only US$149 per year)
- Proactively work with our Association team to show your passion and commitment. By proactive, we mean host a local or regional event, contribute an article to our blog, post your news on our news page, refer a journalist to us for an interview, just as examples. There are many ways for you to show your passion and commitment.
- Once we see evidence of your engagement we may invite you to become an area ambassador (yes, it's invitation only).
- Once you accept our invitation to upgrade to Ambassador level, you'll need to watch a 1-hour training video and take a test (with 70% or better correct answers). Once you pass, you will be certified as an official ambassador of our Association. It's that straightforward!
- Once you've achieved Certified Ambassador status, you'll need to complete an annual workplan (like a list of things you want to do with us in the coming year). Don't worry - we have a template and even give you suggestions. We'll ask you to update this workplan once each year.
- That's it! There are no additional fees but you will need to keep your membership current from year to year.