Currently FoodWorx is held annually in Portland, Oregon, USA. The format is a one-day conference with speeches, demos, tastings, film releases and networking. A media fam trip can be organized immediately preceding. The event is open to both consumers and the trade. FoodWorx is available to licensing to other destinations exclusively through our Embassy program. If your destination is interested in hosting a future FoodWorx Conference of your own, customized to the needs and interests of your specific area, please advise us and we will get in touch with details about how to set p an Embassy in your area and what it takes to set up a FoodWorx conference in your area.
This biennial event is the world’s largest gathering of food and drink tourism professionals. Typically held around April or May, the Summit offers 3 days of trade meetings and networking and 1 full day for a consumer exposition for the area’s metropolitan residents. A media familiarization trip can be integrated.
2019 Summit Bid Deadline: November 30, 2014
2021 Summit Bid Deadline: November 30, 2016
- An area Embassy of our Association is required to be in place as a co-organizer of the Summit. Embassies can enter into a revenue share arrangement with our Association.
- Probably very unlike other bids you have submitted to host conferences in your area, we view the Summit & Expo as a partnership. If you look at our Association or this Summit as your client rather than a partner, then we area probably not a good fit for each other.
- The host destination pays a project management and licensing fee that pays for our staff member’s coordination time with the local meeting planner. Remember, we are a non-profit organization and our sources of revenue are limited and we have found this to be the fairest way to give the Summit in your area the attention it deserves.
- A host destination must sponsor the World Food Travel Summit taking place at least two years in advance to build excitement and awareness for the future Summit in your destination.
- We avoid arranging conferences during the host destination’s high tourist season.
- We are sorry but rural destinations, many of which offer amazing food and drink experiences, are unsuitable for our needs for a variety of reasons. However rural destinations may be considered for regional tours as part of a conference in a nearby city.
If you would like more information, please submit your Expression of Interest below to receive the formal bidding document.